- Contact Us
Multi-column chromatography; 2 PCC
No one works harder—or smarter—than the LEWA Bioprocess Technologies team to make sure you are leveraging the most innovative thinking and current technology for continuous downstream processing. Multi-column chromatography systems offer significant advantages to those who need to increase capacity (de-bottleneck downstream) or reduce Protien A cost. Our 2 PCC "EcoPrime Twin" solution built on ChromaCon intelligence and patents helps you take advantage of the most efficient GMP scale multi-column approach.
When compared to conventional batch processes, the system delivers enhanced resin capacity utilization, decreased buffer consumption, and increased product concentration, all in a simple, two-column design that minimizes risk of down-time and reduces operating expense.
Our two column approach provides many benefits, including:
- The lowest risk, simplist path to validation/qualification for regulated processes
- Increased productivity: The EcoPrime Twin LPLC running the CaptureSMB process delivers increased productivity while both reducing resin costs and decreasing buffer consumption by up to 50%. The simple two-column design minimizes the risk of down-time and capital costs and reduces operating expenses when compared to other multi-column systems.
- Multi-functionality on single skid: EcoPrime Twin maximizes asset utilization, saves space and cost using pre-packed or conventional columns - options to have all or some modes of operation on single skid:
- Multi-column continuous or extended batch operation
- Conventional batch
- Sequential polishing (two different steps (e.g. bind/elute - flow through) with no hold up
- Buffer In-line Dilution capablity intergrated
- Direct scale-up from ChromaCon Contichrom CUBE: The fluidic design of the EcoPrime Twin LPLC system allows for direct scale-up or scale-down to the Contichrom CUBE FPLC from ChromaCon. Methods developed on the CUBE can be easily transferred to the EcoPrime Twin LPLC.
- Intuitive software for twin-column operation: The EcoPrime Twin LPLC automation and control software is designed to be user-friendly. Operators can easily navigate and manage process setup, execution, and reporting. The software is designed to enable 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- LEWA’s Advanced Pumps and Fluidics: The EcoPrime Twin LPLC system uses LEWA’s digital fluid control with state-of-the-art pumps and exclusive digital pump control technology providing (1) wide flow-range accuracy for improved product yield and purity and (2) industry leading precision and batch-to-batch reproducibility.
To guarantee consistent and reproducible performance, the EcoPrime Twin LPLC system is designed with minimal holdup volumes and symmetric flow paths between the two columns, which was accomplished by optimal piping and components arrangements and sizing.
Our EcoPrime Twin systems are simple, elegant and include:
- Pump(s) with hygienic design capable to deliver industry best-in-class precise flow.
- Multiple inlet and outlet valves.
- Air sensors to protect the columns or prevent dry running conditions.
- pH, conductivity, pressure and temperature probes/sensors
- Coreolis flow meters to control and/or verify pump flow rates
- Dual wavelength UV monitors in the range at 280 and 300 nm
- All necessary tubing, valves, instruments, connections and safety devices for GMP process requirements.
- System automation and control with a easy to follow user interface
NEW1 - Free MODELING TOOL for Continuous Chromatography: Click here
NEW! End USER RESULTS - Paper with Scale Up data download here.