- Contact Us / Privacy
Sr. Process Engineer – Subject Matter Expert
Job Title: Sr. Process Engineer – Subject Matter Expert
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Process Engineer will provide expert technical support interfacing between the customer and LEWA Sales and Estimation Team to define and interpret the technical needs and specifications while supporting the internal project team with knowledge related to documentation, testing, and post fabrication support.
The successful candidate will be viewed as a technical expert speaking on behalf of LEWA to customers and peers. In dealing with external stakeholders, he/she may participate in joint strategy meetings to discuss process development needs and, and is considered a subject matter expert in in the area of downstream purification systems and processes with an emphasis in chromatography.
- Provides overall leadership on all engineering aspects including design strategy, selection of components, finalizations of P&ID, Automation design, and overseeing the 3D general arrangement design of system(s)
- Generates Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) for the system(s)
- Main point of contact between engineering and the LEWA sales and client on technical issues
- Provides technical support as needed during fabrication, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), and technical support during training activities
Sales and Marketing Support
- Provides support to sales and marketing teams, which may include:
- Meeting with customer regarding client needs, demonstration of standard product functionality, and providing other technical expertise
- Support of conferences or other activities including presentations to client
- Provides support during generation of proposals, fixed priced and budgetary, standard product (with or without options) and custom systems
- Reviews client supplied specifications, User Requirement Specifications (URS), process description, P&IDs, etc.
- Generates the proposal P&ID
- Reviews the proposal for process specific portions
Product Development Support
- Assists with preliminary design documentation including System Data Sheets/Performance Specifications, P&ID, User Requirement Specifications (URS), and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS)
- Reviews final design and documentation
- Minimum BS in chemical, biochemical engineering or biotechnology; MS preferred
- 10+ yrs. related experience, with experience in process scale chromatography and or other downstream process applications within the BioTech industry
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering documents including blueprints, schematics, P&IDs, and other related documents or drawings
- Ability to effectively present technical information to and conduct meetings with clients, management, and other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Must be able to comply with and work in and FDA Regulatory environment
To Apply Contact:
LEWA-Nikkiso America, Inc.
Director of Human Resources
132 Hopping Brook Road
Holliston, MA 01746